Saturday, July 23, 2011

from the pope on vacation


I missed my ordinary quote from the pope wednesday so here it goes on Saturday. These are the Pope's comments about what a summer vacation is meant to be.

It is more than just getting away but rather a vacation is about getting in touch with and moving back toward the God of creation.


"I would like to recommend that during this time of vacation, you revivify your spirits by contemplating the splendors of Creation. Parents, teach your children to see nature, respect and protect it as a magnificent gift that presents to us the grandeur of the Creator! In speaking in parables, Jesus used the language of nature to explain to his disciples the mysteries of the Kingdom. May the images he uses become familiar to us."

Above is a picture of my experience in colorado for my vacation a few weeks back.

No comments: