Monday, April 21, 2008

obedience and love reveals

Acts 14:5-18; John 14:21-26

"Master, what happened that you will reveal yourself to us, and not to the world. "  These are the words spoken by Judas, one of the disciples.  

Jesus speaks the following. "whoever has my commandments and observes them is the one who loves me.  Whoever loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and reveal myself to him."

The revelation of christ to the world is conditional; there are conditions for this revelation, and it is rooted in sincere and genuine love that finds its authenticity in obedience.  

It is a condition founded on great simplicity.  The simplicity of obedience leads to the authenticity of love which manifests itself in Jesus being revealed to the world.

Many search for Christ and do not find him, because they do not seek in the right place that of obedience.

 

No comments: