Friday, July 10, 2015

CHARACTERISTICS OF

Genesis 46:1-7,28-30; ps 37 the salvation of the just comes from the lord; Matthew 10:16-23

" do not be afraid to go down to Egypt, for there I will make you a great nation.  Not only will I go down to Egypt with you; I will also bring you back here, after Joseph has closed your eyes."

Do not be afraid....

How often I our life do we let fear steer our lives and determine our actions?  Imagine a time I our life where trust becomes the central axis upon which our lives moves.

Time matters not when it comes to letting God's providence lead us forth.

Fear is always there.  But without it courage would be mute.  With it courage rises to the challenge of the word God has put in our hearts and minds.  As Jacob lets courage lead him so we too daily must let courage bear fruit I our life, courage that is fueled by fear never hindered by it.

" behold, I am sending you like sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and simple as doves...you will be hated by all because of my name, but whoever endures to the end will be saved...amen, I say to you, you will not finish the towns of Israel before the Son of Man comes."

Courage is what Jesus invites us to experience by our commitment and conviction to him.  It is courage that brings forth the Son of Man into our midst as we follow him.

Shrewd, simple, enduring, courage the characteristics of a Disciple of Jesus.


No comments: