Tuesday, March 29, 2016

EASTER TUESDAY

Acts 2:36-41; PS 33 The earth is full of the goodness of the Lord; John 20:11-18

"But go to my brothers and tell them, 'I am going to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.'"

Jesus's first words after the resurrection to Mary Magadalene are quite striking.  Once He calls her by name and brings her forth from her grief and despair then he reveals the truth that is ultimately the source of all freedom: I am going to my father and your father, my God and your God.

John Paull II spoke these words to a group of youth was stated, "we are not the sum total of our failures and weakness, but the sum total of our Father's love for us and the real capacity to become the image of the son."

St Jose Maria Escriva added, "God is my Father! If we meditate on it, we will never let go of this consoling thought.  Jesus loves is a dear friend who loves us with all divine madness of his heart.  The Holy Spirit is my consoler, who guides my every step along the road.  Consider this often: you are God's and God yours."

I am going to My Father and your Father, My God and your God.

Beautiful reminder of what is the ground of all reality. 

We don't have to fret or work at it so hard, life that is.  If we keep this truth before our eyes and let it dwell in our heart and illuminate our mind, what joy and peace that should accompany us daily. 

My Father and your Father.  God not only concerns himself with each of us individually but all of us collectively.  My Father is your father is our father.  In his hands we find freedom to live and love and laugh and loiter in this world he has given to us.

No comments: