Friday, May 20, 2011

dream home

acts 13:26-33; Ps 2 you are my son; this day I have begotten you; John 14:1-6

Jesus said to his disciples, "Do not let you hearts be troubled. You have faith in God; have faith also in me. In my Father's house there are many dwelling places. If there were not, would I have told you that I am going to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back again and take you to myself, so that where I am you also may be..."

Many people are focused on finding their dream home. They spend hours looking over pictures and designs so that when their time comes they make their home exactly as they want it.

Some how this is meant to bring them satisfaction, happiness, peace.

Dream home.

Yet, how much better to have a home built by the hand of Christ? How much more dreamy is this home that awaits? How much more work and effort should go into preparing ourselves for that great arrival, that great moment when we finally catch a glimpse of our true home?

HOw much more satisfying is the home GOd desires to give us, God's dream home for us in Christ. This why we are told "do not let your hearts be troubled." There is still more to come, a reunion of sorts that trumps all we have imagined or hoped for.

But in order to receive this gift that awaits we must change. We must be willing to follow after Him who is "the way and the truth and the life."

"No one comes to the Father except through me."

Here is thought to ponder. There are no other contractors that can leads us to our dream home. Not all roads lead to heaven as might be persuaded to think. We must go through Christ.

This is the task placed before us each day. We must choose to let JEsus be lord of all of our life; every aspect must be touched by him, which requires a continued purification.

Thus, we must be willing to be changed.

W.H Auden states the following, "We would rather be ruined than changed. We would rather die in our dread than climb the cross of the moment and see our illusions die."

Our illusions must die. We must give way to reality and only the one who is the way and the truth and the life shows us reality as it is.

No comments: