Saturday, May 7, 2011

Mother's Day

We celebrate Mother's day this weekend. It is the opportunity for us to stop and think about the beauty of life we have received and those from whom we have received it.

Especially we pause to remember our Mothers. As Catholics we have many mothers. We have our mother who gave us birth and taught us many things in life. We have our spiritual mother the CHurch who continues to guide us and lead us and direct us. Our earthly gives us earthly life where as our spiritual mother the church gives us life eternal in Baptism and the sacraments and the word of God. We also have the Blessed Mother, the one who bore JEsus into the world from whom we all share in the sonship of God.

We are brothers and sisters in Christ which makes the Blessed Mother, MAry, our mother as well. She is the queen mother of us all.

So we certainly have much to ponder and contemplate this weekend as we acknowledge our mothers with grateful hearts.

Here is a little something that I picked up on the way and thought you might like the chuckle as you think and recall your mother.

WHAT MY MOTHER TAUGHT ME

: My mother taught me RELIGION: When I spilled grape juice on the carpet, she instructed, "You better pray the stain will come out of the carpet.
"

My mother taught me LOGIC: From her decisive words, "Because I said so, that’s why."


My mother taught me FORESIGHT: "Make sure you wear clean underwear, in case you’re in an accident."


My mother taught me IRONY: "Keep laughing, and I’ll give you something to cry about."


My mother taught me about STAMINA: "You’ll sit there ’til all that spinach is finished."


My mother taught me about WEATHER: "It looks as if a tornado swept through your room."


My mother taught me THE CIRCLE OF LIFE: "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out.".


Now call your mother and tell her you love her and you thank her. Then pray for her as you know se prays for you.

No comments: