Monday, March 2, 2009

What if?


Leviticus 19:1-2,11-18; Psalm 19 Your words, Lord, are Spirit and life; Mt 25:31-46
The response in today's liturgy is: Your words, Lord, are spirit and life

Mt 25 reads:
I was hungry and you gave me some food.
Your words, Lord, are spirit and life.

I was thirsty and you gave drink.
Your words, Lord, are spirit and life.

I was a stranger and you welcomed me.
Your words, Lord, are spirit and life.

I was naked and you clothed me.
Your words,Lord, are spirit and life.

I was ill and you cared for me. 
Your words, Lord, are spirit and life.

I was in prison and you visited me.
Your words, Lord, are spirit and life.

Amen, I say to you whatever you did for one of  the least brothers of mine, you did for me.
Your words, Lord, are spirit and life.

"The poor anywhere in the world are Christ who suffers.  In them, the son of God lives and dies.  Through them, God shows his face." Mother Teresa

No comments: