Friday, August 28, 2009

St. Augustine

1 Thess 4:1-8; Psalm 97 Rejoice in the Lord, you just; Mt 25:25:1-13

A few words from the doctor of the church:

"Late have I loved you, O Beauty ever ancient, ever new, late have I loved you!  
You were within me, but I was outside, and it was there that I searched for you.  
In my unloveliness I plunged into the lovely things which you created. 
You were with me, but I was not with you...
You called, you shouted, and you broke through my deafness.  
You flashed, you shone, and you dispelled my blindness.  
You breathed your fragrance on me; I drew in breath and now I pant for you.  
I have tasted you, now I hunger and thirst for more.  
You touched me, and I burned for your peace."

"The kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom.  Five of them were wise, who brought flask of oil for their lamps....therefore stay awake, for you know neither the day nor the nor the hour."  Jesus

Keep the lamps lit, the wicks trimmed, and go out.  The bridegroom awaits our diligence.  
We must be externally prepared and inwardly ready and thus holiness is executed perfectly.

No comments: