Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Dismiss

I often find myself think not like Jesus but like his apostles.  This may be a problem.  I often wonder if I too am headed in the same direction as they.  They are the ones that tuck their tale and run when things get a little scary and a whole lot rough.

In today's gospel the apostles are eager to dismiss the crowd.  They want to send them off hungry and tired.

I can feel their pain and I can relate to their angst.

Having been with all they, they just want a little down time, a little me and Jesus time.

But Jesus insist.  On fact he demands that the apostles give them something to it.  When they are confused by his statement he goes ahead and shows them.  The crowd sits down, the bread and fish are blessed and broken, then he hands it to the apostles to give it to the people.

There we are.  We can only give what we have first received from Him.  We must first receive in order to give.  We shouldn't be stingy.  Just go ahead and give and watch the miracle unfold.

Sometimes I find myself thinking like the apostles and maybe god is setting me up for a miracle or two.  Come lord Jesus set me straight once again.

No comments: