Thursday, October 3, 2013

LIFT

NEhemiah 8:1-4,5-6,7-12; The precepts of the Lord give joy to the heart Ps 19; Lk 10:1-12

"always speak to Christ about someone before speaking to someone about Christ."


I received this advise often when I was in the seminary. But somehow it got filed away in my memory bank, buried beneath the day to day operations of being a manager of a parish and school and other things. 

But I was reminded of it today, this morning in fact. 

Speak to Christ about someone before speaking to someone about Christ. 

Prayer is important.  Prayer is essential.  Intercessory prayer is important and essential in its own right.  Something happens at a molecular spiritual level when we lift folks up in prayer.  

Our spiritual molecules get touched by grace.  Perhaps its more like being exposed to radiation.  Our spiritual molecules are altered when we enter into intercessory mode. 

I image the disciples did a lot of this as Jesus sends them out two by two, in pairs to every town and place he intended to visit. 

I imagine the disciples being a little nervous and unsure about what awaited them.  I bet they were hesitant maybe even reluctant. 

I bet they prayed and interceded for each person in each town before they ever opened their mouths.

Jesus wants to visit our town.  Jesus has sent us to go forth.  Perhaps before we leave the comfort of our homes each day we should lift up the people we will meet in prayer, those known and unknown, and perhaps Jesus will come make a visit through us. 




No comments: