Friday, January 29, 2016

LOVE WITH URGENCY NOT WITH HASTE

2 Samuel 11:1-4, 5-10, 13-17; Ps 51 BE merciful, O Lord, for we have sinned; Mark 4:26-34

"This is how it is with the kingdom of God.."

What is the kingdom of God?  It is God's way of acting; it is his action in human history.  It is also our cooperate stance before that action of God working in and through our lives.


How is it?

"It is as if a man were to scatter seed on the land and would sleep and rise night and day and the seed would sprout and grow, he knows not how.  Of its own accord the land yields fruit, first the blade, then the ear, then the full grain in the ear."

he knows not how...

This defines so much of our life.  How we do not know how God is working but we do know that he is working.  This work of God is often a gradual revelation.  God works with urgency but not with haste.

I wonder how our life would be if we were love with urgency but not with haste.

God can not be hurried.  Sometimes the beauty of love needs time for it to be developed and matured.  Sometimes the gradual revelation of love awakens a more generous response than the abrupt version.

Theis reminds me of the song, "Amazed."  The verse is as following, "You dance over me while I am unaware; you sing all around But i never hear the sound; Lord I am amazed by you, how you love me...you paint the morning sky with miracles in mind; my hope will always stand for you hold me in your hand."

Beautiful reality.   Love that is urgent but not hasteful; Love that is prevalent but not hurried.  Love is patient....


No comments: