Monday, February 11, 2008

absurd charity

Matthew 25:31-46

Jesus invites us to an absurd charity.  Why?  Because He himself loved us in an absurd way.  Jesus simply invites us to live as He demonstrated His love for us.  Are we not the least of his brothers and did he not go out of His way to make us feel like royalty.  

It is absurd, isn't it!

"Come you who are blessed by my Father.  Inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world."

Jesus absurd love for us is premeditated, intentional, from the beginning he thought about us.

"For I was hungry and you gave me food to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, a stranger and you welcomed me, naked and you clothed me, ill and you cared for me, in prison and you visited me."

"What you did for the least of these you did unto me."

Do not hesitate!  Love boldly, love absurdly! May the least be treated like royalty through you and I.

It is absurd, isn't it! 
 

No comments: