Thursday, September 11, 2008

vegetarian?

1 corinthians 8:1-7, 11-13; Guide me,Lord, along the everlasting way Ps 139; Luke 6: 27-38

In the first reading, St. Paul ends with this gem to contemplate on, "therefore, if food causes my brother to sin, I will never eat meat again, so that I may not cause my brother to sin."

What extent would we go so that we may never cause our brother to sin?


In the gospel, Jesus gives us a nice reality check, "For if you love those who love you, what credit is that to you?"


What kind of lover are you?
Do you love those who God loves?
Do you love the unlovable?

"The measure for which you measure will in return be measured out to you."

What a deal for those who believe! 

 


2 comments:

Jackie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Ok priest who shall remain nameless-This is your favorite fundraiser and I just knew someone in the bible was on my side with this. Even after all those awful stories you told me! I hope you are well. I am working with Fr. Bart at the Cathedral in Helena this fall. Please tell Msgr. and Pam that I said hello. Take care.-Jackie