Tuesday, July 13, 2010

on the move

Just wanted to let everyone know that currently i am in transition. As I move into my new assignment, i will be unable to blog. Though hopefully by the end of this week i will be back at it in full swing.

Just note about yesterdays readings.

In the gospel, Jesus said he came not to bring peace but the sword.

As we hear these words, they should be a bit unsettling. We do call Jesus the prince of peace so what gives with this seemingly hostile saying from the mouth of the one who dies to reconcile us to the father.

Well a good example i think to understand the statement is simply this:

The other day i had a cold soar in my mouth. I went to my mother who told me the best remedy is to put salt directly on the spot of the soar. She warned me it was goign to hurt but it was effective. I reluctanly listened and indeed it hurt. I still can feel the initial pain, the burn of such treatment. Though a few days leter the soar was gone and healed. The peace of healing came after the initial burn of the treatment.

The burn is first the peace comes after the treatment as been aplied.

Just like with wounds, you must pick the scab in order for it to heal. Though it hurts the healing will come.

Initially JEsus comes to disturb us from our sleepfulness. He wants to wake us up, applying the sword to ur sinfulness and folly, only then can we truly enjoy peace.

Then Jesus mentions that Anyone who loves family more than him is not worthy of him. He has come to cause division.

Truht of the matter is that those who mean most to us we are more likely to excuse in misbehavior. This is exactly where JEsus wants to come in and rectify. W emust let his love for us and our love fo rhim purify our love for those who mean the most. Only then can we truly love as we should and be worthy of Christ.

May nothing be more than Christ in our life and truly peace shall flow like a river.

2 comments:

Froylan said...

Father David,

We're going to miss you in Victoria. Keep up the blog; I'm a dedicated reader and it is definitely a daily refresher.

Joyce said...

Keep up the good work. Get settled into your new parish(s). I will definitely be patient and wait for further blog updates. I too am a dedicated reader. Peace...