Tuesday, November 16, 2010

scoot on over

Revelation 3:1-6, 14-22

If you read the first reading to today at mass you get the sense that Jesus really does go out of his way to prepare us.

He sends his spirit to check on the early churches and to advise them. You could say it is their yearly check up and examination. He lets them know where they are and where they need to be.

"I know your works, that you have a reputation of being alive, but you are dead. Be watchful and strengthen what is left, for it will dies, for I have not found your works complete in the sight of my God. Remember how you accepted and heard; keep it, and repent."


Also...

"I know your works; I know that you are neither cold or hot, I wish you were either. So because you are lukewarm I will spit you out of my mouth...those whom I love I reprove and chastise. Be earnest, therefore, and repent."

IT is time to take our temperature!

Our spiritual temperature! Are we hot or cold or lukewarm. Have we lost the sense of urgency; have our flame of love slowly subsided; have we lost our focus. It is time to turn up the heat.

Then finally Jesus says these words, "I will give the victor the right to sit with me on my throne, as I myself first won the victory and sit with my Father on his throne."


Now if that isn't motivation for a renewal then nothing is. Not only will we have a place with him but He shall scoot over and make room for us on his throne, his seat with the Father. How humble is our King to allow us to sit where only he deserves.

We shall sit and reign with him.

Jesus scoots over for you and me.

No comments: