Wednesday, December 11, 2013

PERSONAL ENCOUNTER

Isaiah 40:25-32; Ps 103 O bless the Lord, my soul;Mt 11:28-30

Through out the Advent season i have decided to read the Apostolic Exhortation form Pope Francis.  He writes it not he joy of the gospel.

Joy is a pretty important them in the life of faith, especially during the season of Advent.

Here is an excerpt from Pope Francis in light of todays gospel, "I invite all christians, everywhere, at this very moment, to a renewed personal encounter with Jesus Christ, or at least an openness to letting him encounter them; I ask all of you to do this unfailingly each day…The Lord does not disappoint those who take this risk; whenever we take a step towards Jesus, we come to realize that he is already there, waiting for us with open arms.  Now is the time to say to Jesus, "Lord, I have let myself be deceived; in a thousand ways I have shunned your love, yet here I am once more, to renew my covenant with you.  I need you.  Save me once again, Lord, take me once more into your redeeming embrace."


Is this not what Jesus says in the gospel today, "Come to me all who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest.  Take my yoke upon you and learn form me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for yourselves. For my yoke is easy, my burden light."

No comments: