Friday, October 10, 2014

TEAM WORK

Gal 3:7-14, PS 11 The Lord will remember his covenant for ever, Luke 11:15-26

Every body knows that team work is necessary. A unified front makes life more meaningful, easier, less stressful.

Team work.  Team work.  Team work.

There is no 'I' in Team.

No man is an Island.

The cliches are through the roof on this one.  Team work is a must in life, in family, in school, in church, in everything.

Jesus drives home the point once again.  "Every kingdom divided against itself will be laid waste..."

Then he concludes with this little nugget, "whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters."

The analogy I used this morning with the school kids is the following:

I asked if any of them like football.  What would happen if every time the quarterback stepped back to throw a pass and his own lineman turned on him and sacked him?

The kids response was, "why would they do that?"

But then again why do we do that?  How often do we refuse to work as a team in love or in life?  How often do we refuse God the right to call the plays in our life?  How often have we turned to sack him by our actions?

Why do we bring more division and less unity?

The beauty, however,  is God keeps getting under center and keeps calling plays!
One day maybe we will get it!

Team work.  That they may all be one!

In the words of St Therese, "Your face is my only homeland, It is my kingdom of love."

No comments: