Thursday, May 21, 2015

CHAOS AND WISHES

Acts 22:30;23:6-11; Ps 16 Keep em safe, O God, You are my hope; John 17:20-26

Today int he first reading we catch a glimpse into  St Paul's playful side.  Being under arrest, he is made to stand before the Pharisees and the Sadducees.  Knowing their difference in opinions in regard to Spirits, angels, and the resurrection, St Paul uses this difference to cause an uproar.  It is actually well played on his part.

The moment he calls out that he is under arrest because of his belief in the resurrection the two factions get into a dispute, chaos follows.  I always imagine St Paul smiling when he spies what ensues.

St Paul certain knows how to use humor and truth to leave a lasting impression. It is definitely worth the read.

Secondly, Jesus has these words for us: "Father they are your gift to me.  I wish that where I am they also may be with me, that they may see my glory you gave me, because you loved me before the foundation of the world."

We all have wishes and desires and we chase them wildly.

We forget JEsus has a wish as well.  He wishes that we would be where he is.

Think about that today.  IT is worthy of thought.

We can wish upon a star or we can live so has to fulfill the wish of Jesus.

No comments: