Thursday, May 7, 2015

SOMETHING TO THINK ABOUT

Acts 15:7-21; PS 96 Proclaim God's marvelous deeds to all the nations; John 15:9-11

Think about these words that begins today's gospel passage for the Mass:

"As the Father loves me, so I also love you."

Think about again.  Let the words filter into your heart.

Let the meaning of each word begin to take hold of that heart and mind.

As the Father loves me.  How does the Father love Jesus?  Can we imagine such an exchange of infinite freedom and goodness offering and receiving love from infinite freedom and goodness?

Imagine a love that knows no bounds or limits!  Imagine  a love that has no walls or hiccups!  Imagine love that is pure an unadulterated, unsoiled by time or experience!  Imagine a love that is the source of all there is and was and ever will be!

"As the Father loves me, so I also love you."

Now imagine all of that laid at our feet.  Imagine that gift wrapped for you and me!

As the Father loves me, so I also love you.

Stay with that today.  Think about it often.  Think about more than often.  Let it become the center of today, the gravitational pull that holds it all together and sets it all free.

No comments: